Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official MLB Face Masks Online Store - Cincinnati Reds Face Masks
MLB free agency, offseason trade news and hot stove updates
The Phillies hired Matt Klentak for that rebuild at the end of 2015. Like bank robbers digging underground to reach a vault from below, the Phillies dug and dug and dug -- but when they emerged from their tunnel, they were in the Rite-Aid bathroom across the street from the bank. To date, they are the first team in what we might call baseball's tanking era to fail at it.

Schoenfield: The four-team trade in 1977 involving the Rangers, Pirates, Mets and Braves, involving 11 players. Hall of Famer Bert Blyleven was the best player, going from the Rangers to the Pirates. The Rangers acquired outfielder Al Oliver, a three-time All-Star at the time, from the Pirates, and Jon Matlack, one of the best lefties in the game, from the Mets. The Braves acquired prospects from the Rangers and sent first baseman Willie Montanez, an All-Star in 1977, to the Mets. The big winner? Pittsburgh, as Blyleven would help the Pirates win the 1979 World Series. We definitely need more four-team trades! (Make it happen, Jerry Dipoto.)

For now and for as long as it takes to get a handle on this pandemic, no other need matters. And as much as I like sports, I also recognize that the NCAA's decision to cancel March Madness could well have saved thousands of lives. If that sounds like an overstatement, I refer you to Joshua Robinson's report in The Wall Street Journal. It's behind a paywall, but its headline offers much of what you need to know: "The Soccer Match that Kicked Off Italy's Coronavirus Disaster."<a href="https://www.mlb-facemasks.com/san-diego-padres.html">San Diego Padres Face Masks</a>

Kurkjian: My favorite quote from any winter meetings came in 1982. The lowly Rangers, the team I covered for The Dallas Morning News, had gone to the meetings with big hopes of making several major trades or signings, all of them necessary. Instead, all they came home with was reliever Odell Jones in the Rule 5 draft. I asked how the team was going to explain the disappointing meetings to its fans. Assistant GM Paul Richards, a venerable baseball man, said, "Well, we're going to have to sell the s--- out of Odell Jones.''<a href="https://www.mlb-facemasks.com/colorado-rockies.html">Colorado Rockies Face Masks</a>

mlb-facemasks.com
Mlb Face Masks

Passan: White Sox owner Bill Veeck literally unveiled an "Open For Business" sign at the 1975 meetings in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and proceeded to make six trades. It did not work out well. Chicago went 64-97.

Kurkjian: My favorite trade of the winter meetings occurred on Dec. 4, 1988. The Orioles, the team I covered for The Baltimore Sun, sent star first baseman Eddie Murray to the Dodgers for pitchers Jay Howell and Brian Holton, and shortstop Juan Bell. Murray would be a first-ballot Hall of Famer just from his 12 years in Baltimore. It was an enormous deal for both teams, but it had been kept so secretive until we discovered that Roland Hemond, the GM of the Orioles, and Fred Claire of the Dodgers, had met in a hotel in Chicago shortly before the meetings to discuss the deal. When I called Hemond in his hotel room, he said, "You ask tough questions," and answered none of them. Hemond is an all-time favorite; he did everything honestly, by the book. So when I walked with him on his way to the podium to officially announce the Murray trade, I asked for the third player the Orioles were getting. Hemond said, "Sorry, I can't tell you until the deal is done.'' Ten seconds later, he announced the trade.<a href="https://www.mlb-facemasks.com/">MLB Face Masks </a>

These coverings won’t just benefit you either. FOCO and MLB have agreed to a partnership to donate all proceeds to Feeding America and Second Harvest Canada. Both are working hard to put food on the tables of those who need it during the Covid-19 pandemic.<a href="https://www.mlb-facemasks.com/cincinnati-reds.html">Cincinnati Reds Face Masks</a>